Im so amazed at how many people actually take the time to comment on blog posts, follow my blog on various platforms etc. Its really nice to see, especially as i did not ever expect this blog to go further than the one post :D
As a thank you i have another small item to giveaway to 1 lucky follower.
Before i had my children i was big on earrings. I had a jewelry box full of studs, and hoops, It was my go to item to make me feel better. I could be abit fancy, or abit odd just by adding a pair of earrings to my look. Of course being a 90's child i wore some pretty horrible clothes. Pedal pushers were the in thing, kappa was the big brand name and the shoes! None of those flimsy flip floppy type ballerina shoes when i was in school! Parents shelled out the £40 and brought a pair of kickers... they lasted throughout my entire secondary school years. Reebok classics were the must have trainers before Adidas brought out some pretty funky styles of there own. In school the girls started dressing like Britney spears in her baby one more time video. They wore tiny skirts, 3 quarter length sleeved shirts and knee length socks. Looking back on it, i thought i was the bees knees and remember my mum putting me in a knee length skirt for me to get round the corner and roll my skirt up, pull the socks up and roll the sleeves of my blazer up as it was just uncool to have sleeves!
We were not poor, my dad had a good job and we had enough money to be comfortable but my parents wanted us to know the value of money early on. Money trees did not exist and as much as i thought my mum was capable of doing anything... she couldn't pull £20 notes out of her bum! The big named clothes were saved for Christmas and birthdays. Like most teens i had a kappa Jacket - an ugly bright orange thing, a pair of Adidas popper trousers which the boys thought up the highly hilarious game of ripping the poppers open like a Chippendale does on stage! and my gorgeous new shiny Reebok classics with the lime green stripes. Thinking back now, i looked like an idiot! Now picture that look with a giant pair of silver hoops and the huge chunky diamante clown necklace that became the must have jewelry item. I think about it sometimes now my Kirsty is nearly 12. Fashion has changed so much and i find myself arguing with her over her fashion choices. I do remember being a teen, and i can clearly picture the exact same words coming out of my mums mouth. I also remember how carefree i was, i didn't care what others thought when i was climbing up a tree, or kicking a ball around on a muddy field. I felt fantastic!
When i saw these earrings they took me straight back to when i was a teen, they were the exact sort of thing i would have been rushing to buy from Claire's when it first opened, with the £5 pocket money i was given on a Saturday. As a thank you to everyone for following my blog, i thought what better way to celebrate than to share some nostalgic memories :D
Entry as always is easy peasy only providing your email address and leaving a comment on this post is mandatory, the rest is optional and will give you extra entries. Giveaway is open for 1 week ending next Friday (2nd May 2014) Rafflecopter will end midnight that day. Competition is UK only and a 1 winner will be chosen at random and notified within 48 hours of the competition ending. Best of luck everyone :)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Lime green jeans . . . Ugh!
ReplyDeleteGuns n Roses T-Shirts when I was younger, I wouldnt dare wear anything like that now.
ReplyDeleteShiny suit with a coloured bra underneath! Foul ha ha
ReplyDeletehair in a high top knot looked awful!
ReplyDeleteA black and white checked shirt worn with a black thin tie....I thought I looked so cool but I was only 14 and it was the early eighties lol
ReplyDeletea purple shell suit! lol
ReplyDeletegoing back to the 1980's - a pink and lemon coloured shell suit
ReplyDeleteBlue sparkly converse trainers... enough said.
ReplyDeleteA satin shirt, satin! What was I thinking!
ReplyDeleteA pair of polka dot dungarees - they looked terrible!
ReplyDeleteCourds! I just shouldnt have but i did,,,, apologies!
ReplyDeleteWearing Ed Hardy Hoodies!
ReplyDeletepeddle pushers ekkk!
ReplyDeleteYellow it always makes me look fatter than i already am.
ReplyDeletebay city rollers jumper ,oxford bags and a tartan scarf when I was 14. You would get bashed off the other kids if you wore something like that now.
ReplyDeleteFaux purple snake skin trousers when I was younger :(
ReplyDeletewww.bethbear2011.blogspot.co.uk/
A pair of too tight jeans which ripped when I bent over, in the middle of a long day out.
ReplyDeleteBlue eye shadow! - Kay Broomfield
ReplyDeleteA green shell suit!
ReplyDeleteTwo tone green crimplene split knee trousers or the leopard print play suit....
ReplyDeleteA very small(and looking back on rather embarrassing) Tartan Mini skirt me and my best friend wore out when we were about 18!
ReplyDeleteDebbie Hay
poncho
ReplyDeletewearing a short tshirt with see through leggings well i didn't know they were see through until a friend kindly pointed it out :O i was very embarrassed
ReplyDeleteA pair of too tight jeans which ripped when I bent over to pick something up, embarrassment!!
ReplyDeleteA knitted minnie mouse jumper from my nannan :)
ReplyDeleteOne word - Crocs! (hangs head in shame)
ReplyDeletewhen I was little I used to love wearing this red and white striped top thinking I looked French and therefore mature and mysterious now when I see the photos I can only see where's wally,
ReplyDeletea lumberjack style jacket that i thought was ultra cool :/ haha
ReplyDeleteHot Pants!
ReplyDeleteI was into the bay city rollers, had their picture on my white socks, and sewed tartan down the sides and bottoms of my white cut off jeans
ReplyDeletewhen i was younger knee high socks were in so i wore knee high white sock flower converse type of boots denim skirt and little crop top. i thought i looked awesome i looks awful :)
ReplyDeleteA white swimsuit! Say no more :(
ReplyDeleteA red jumper with Michael Jackson on the front . . .
ReplyDeleteBright pink shell-suit
ReplyDeletekappa tracksuit :-0 laura wheatley
ReplyDeletepurgle green white and black shell suit with a leotard underneath|??
ReplyDeletewhite leggings.....when dog walking!!! , a NO NO!!!!!! lol
ReplyDeleteBright red flared lycra trousers... I have no idea, i was 13 and very fashion lost lol!
ReplyDeleteLouise Paul
a bright pink shell suit....ergh.....just the thought of it now makes me shudder
ReplyDeleteI had this pair of rainbow coloured leggings that i wore EVERYWHERE, looking back they must have looked so cringy
ReplyDeletehumm frilly bell bottoms!
ReplyDeleteA knitted jumper which had a 3d snake knitted around the neck
ReplyDeleteI always look good as i don't have any mirrors in my house :)
ReplyDeleteWhite shoes and black tights!!
ReplyDeleteFlared trousers :)
ReplyDeleteblack tights with denim shorts
ReplyDeleteDouble denim in the 90s!
ReplyDeleteBlue jeans with a brown shirt. Not good look.
ReplyDelete