Photo taken from a taste of home - as i have no camera.
Ingredients: makes around 6/8
- Your choice of flour - 4 cups
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Water (warm/hot) - 1 cup (using milk will make a more fluffier wrap)
Method:
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, make a well and slowly add the water (or milk). Mix together to form a stretchy dough
- Add some flour onto your work surface and knead the dough.
- Some say to leave it to rest for up to 20 mins. I wrap in clingfilm and put in the fridge for half hour. I don't think it makes a difference, its just how I've always made dough.
- Divide into portions to the size of your pan - remember that the dough will shrink as the flour relaxes.
- Dry fry for 1-2 mins on each side (if you wish to use oil you can but i find they come out soggy and limp)
There is lots of ways to make this. This is a recipe i found quite a while back and have forgotten the site i found it on. If you do a google search you will find lots of variations. These are freezable and at the cost of pennies to make a batch, they are perfect for snacking. I make up various flavoured wraps once a fortnight for packed lunches and picnics.
To stop them sticking together either:
- Pre freeze in a single layer on a tray till firm them stack together in a freezer bag or container
OR
- Place a sheet of wax paper in between each one before freezing.

Brilliant! I had never even considered making them myself, we sometimes use them at lunch time but not all the time. I like the idea that home made ones are obviously better for you than bought ones.
ReplyDeletewow! gonna have a go at this, love tortilla wraps, and will try different flavours,,thank you!
ReplyDeletewow, gonna try this, I love tortilla wraps and will try making new flavours now, thank you!
ReplyDeletewow! gonna try this, love tortilla wraps and can experiment with different flavours! thank you x
ReplyDelete